background

Sunday, February 7, 2010

If you don't know where you are going, you can never get lost-Herb Cohen




















I was sitting down by the creek today and was thinking how nice the paddock looked on the other side, after all the rain we have had here it looked so green and lush I wanted to go across and have a wander around, but I realized that I couldn’t cross where I stood so I would have to go up or down stream to find a crossing. I started walking up stream, stumbling over rocks and twigs from time to time I found lovely flowers to stop and look at, moss on logs and dragon flies flitting around, but still no crossing spot. I came to a fence going across the creek, obviously some one else’s property so I re-traced my tracks back to where I started, still wanting to go over into the lush green grass of the paddock I then went down stream, again stopping to look at interesting growths on logs and lovely waterfalls, ,all the time thinking that if I had just crossed where I wanted to I would have missed all of these wonderful things that I have seen and would not have learnt to watch where I was walking along this track.... I then sat on a log, knowing that I would have to wait for the creek to reside a little before I could cross anywhere anyway, and while sitting there watching the busy little ants a thought come to mind.
This is like life, like what we are going through at the moment and probably will for a long time.
If we had just gone straight to our destination we would have missed all the wonderful sights we have seen, or wouldn’t have spent the quality time with family and friends that we have been fortunate enough to have done lately or we wouldn’t have learnt from the good and bad experiences that we have encountered!!
So I am going to write down to share with you and also to remind myself about some of the trials and tribulations that we have encountered over the last 14months.




So pop in from time to time i have some great memories to share.




Until next time take care.





Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt



1 comment:

  1. Hi Kris
    I love the photos and your walk along the creek, I felt I was with you,
    it was very relaxing
    Thank you Jae

    ReplyDelete