background

Thursday, February 4, 2010

“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” George Bernard Shaw

Our journey of creating ourself begins!








Sold our house, paid off all debts, bought a 40foot coach converted to a motorhome and started living full time on it. The only thought in our head being to Travel Australia.




Now 14months into our "no real plan life" I was feeling a bit well---maybe we should have planned "something".




Dont get me wrong I dont for one second regret doing what we did, I was just feeling a bit lost.



We still have appoinments in the area to go to and will have to stay for a while.



I have come to my senses at last, realising that I am very lucky in what I have, and only I have the ability to make the most of my life. I am living my ultimate dream,



So I have started this blog to keep my mind on track and to also share my life journey.





So far we have left our old life and some loved ones on the Gold Coast Qld and have traveled in the bus now called "wanago" the Bouse (Bus+House=Bouse) for 14mths staying a few months at a time at; Toukley van park (central coast nsw), Belmont van park(Newcastle area nsw), Toronto van park (lake macquarie) and have now been parked at my sisters property just out side of Singleton nsw. in this time we have owned 2 small fishing boats, a few different cars, opened a small shabbily elegant homewears shop for 4 months, done countless markets in the areas. We have had the pleasure of spending quality time picnicing, camping and just hanging out with family in the area and had visits from Qld family and friends through out the year.




So there you have it..why was I feeling so lost?, Well I felt I had no purpose in life!

That all Changed when I voiced my feelings with family and friends, now I just feel selfish and spoilt. I have it all, a great life at my finger tips, I just have to "Bloom where I am planted"



So here goes. from now on this is the begining of my Journey:







I have been helping my sister plant out a vegetable patch and can learn alot from the veg plants.


with 40+ heat and strong hot winds we still have had a bumper crop.






The taste is just amazing and the feeling of pride to eat something you have grown -well you just cant beat it.




I love the thought of being able to be semi self sufficiant and will strive to leave a light as possible footprint on this wonderful planet we have.



Cheers until next time.



Challenge to myself =Reduce, Re-use, Recycle.




Until next Adventure



Take Care



Kris xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kris,
    We are proud of you for 'LIVING YOUR DREAM',
    and thank you for sharing it with us.
    Hope we can also leave as light as possible footprints on this wonderful planet we have.
    cheers, Rof & Mammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi kris
    I think your so clever, you never cease to amaze me, always so positive and creative, I'm always looking forward to seeing what your up to, you inspire me and you find such great words of wisdem
    cheers Julie & Neil

    ReplyDelete