background

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Live simply that others might simply live. ~Elizabeth Seaton

Hi All

Today I made Jam drop biscuits

























*2 eggs





*3/4 cup sugar





*2 cups SR flour




*125g butter

*Jam of your choice. '





Cream butter and sugar, Add eggs one at a time and beat in. Add flour and mix into a stiff dough. Break dough into small pieces and roll into a ball. place on baking tray and press a hole in centre, fill with jam. Bake at 180c for 15minutes. ENJOY!




Trying to get back to basics in every day living =cleaning products :today DISHES

I have been only using sunlight soap to do our dishes this last couple of weeks, I have a antique cage on a handle (that was lovingly given to me by my sister to whom I am eternally grateful.) This holds half a cake of sunlight soap and I hold it under the hot water when filling the sink for dishes. if i need to rinse dishes off i do it in water and a splash of vinegar.




















I have also been making crochet squares , using them for reusable cloths for dish washing and wiping down the benches..works a treat.





I wash them regularly and then hang in full sun to dry. saving lots of $$$ on both dish wash liquid and wipes.





I am also making these Washcloths to sell at markets, they have been doing really well. I also use them as a body buff in the shower and have found them to be so much better than any commercially made ones.





(lol--not pushing my own buttons or
anything).





Until next time take care.



























2 comments:

  1. very good blog, congratulations
    regard from Reus Catalonia
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi How ya goin?
    Just made a batch of your yummy Jam Drops, Soo good, they didnt last long, with my Boys
    Keep the recipes comin :)

    Catch Ya later Mammie

    Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. ~Grandma Moses

    ReplyDelete