background

Monday, November 7, 2011

Avondale Cottage Guest room and Gardens

Hi all and Welcome to Avondale cottage.
I have Just popped in with a quick one tonight xx
This is the out side of the little room we have made into a Guest room for Family and Friends when they come to visit.
And this is the inside, We got a double bed for $20 at the Op shop and Jim painted it in a nice crisp white. We bought the mattress new when we moved into Lana's, so it has come in very handy.
The room was already painted blue and it looks clean and fresh so I will leave it for now. I found a single bed doona cover in the colours I have in the room and made a curtain out of it for the lovely sash window, the other windows have a velvet in blue on them already, so I will just hem them and leave them up for now. Not sure what quilt I will have on the bed, I have a few so might change it each week lol.
Now for a walk around the gardens..Mums rose is out in bloom again so I think it likes it here.
The rose out the front is blooming wonderfully, this rose a little old now but still beautiful

More roses and the geraniums are flowering lovely
Just had to share this one..an old shed through a rusty gate, gotta love country!
The tomatoes where getting a little grassed in.
So Jim dug around and weeded them out, don't they look much happier.
Some new little life is popping its head up at the cottage, These little bubs are coriander,
and these are capsicum ( from one we had the other night, we are real farmers now lol growing our own food hehe)
Oh and we had no hand towel hanger in the toot room so we made this one up from a little timber and a handle that only had one hanger bit ( would be no good as a handle SO, reuse, reduce recycle)
Come up pretty good I am thinking.(Note to self,, Must get those curtains hemmed and the room painted)..
Well that was short but I hope you found it sweet lol, and that's it from me tonight..
Pop on over to CandyRoseCreations
to see what we have been cooking up over there.
Until next Adventure
Take Care
*Kris*

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kris ,,looks like your are settling in nicely, I love the hand towel holder,,
    Love to you
    Mammie & Rof oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi .. glad to see that next time I visit I'll have a new place to sleep ... looking foward to it ... see you soon love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’d love to sleep in that cottage. The bed looks very comfortable, and I’m sure it is because it has a new mattress. And the ambiance of the room is so relaxing and airy. Those flowers will make your stay here more rejuvenating. ->Aniyah Bautista

    ReplyDelete