background

Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday, What ever happened to the last week??????

Hi all, hope you are all well...
Wow, where did that week go???? For me I think it was a whirl wind of cleaning and farmy stuff, and Family catching up time .... Yay...
Starting off the week and this old cottage was in need of a good scrub after our guests over the week and weekend, not saying they where messy or dirty, but an extra 5 people in this tiny cottage and it sure does get , well lets say crowded...
I took to the bathroom first, it was looking a little well blah..I not only needed to clean it but I felt it needed a little revamp as well... nothing dramatic as its just a rental, but after all I still like to make it homely. In I go House bucket in hand and got to work..
She is a largish bathroom, tacked on to one end of the cottage porch ( actually you have to go through the dining room to get to it, soo quaint,, and the toot is the other end of the porch, through our bedroom).
Soo as ya do , while pottering around and cleaning I decided I needed more cupboard space, (cue hubby and his awesome cabinet making skills)..I drew a picture and he went from there...

He got me this gorgeous jug and bowl set from our local auction and , well, I needed something to show it off, right???
so with bathroom as sparkly as I was going to get it and the new little red cedar hubby handmade cabinet in, I think this shabby old bathroom has a little bit of elegant shabbiness about it now... I am happy..

OK now its out into the yard to tend to the chickens, Pip is the over seer and made sure his girls had plenty of food and water, he was flat out running around and barking trying to scare the crows off... gosh he looks so tiny up against our big Chickie's,,mmm they still haven't started laying yet but with these big Rhode island reds they say could be up to 24 weeks before they start laying , that's not to far off now, so we are hoping for eggs soon..

Back inside and it was onto the vacuuming, pip is such a good helper....NOT.. I don't know what it is but he just loves to catch and chew on the vac head... makes a yukky job even harder, but most of the time I am just laughing at him because he hides to jump out and catch it..I know its naughty, but he is just soooo cute lol
And then it was rest time for pip, cause ya know he has been working soooo hard lol..

Tuesday sent us off on a little road trip down to the gold coast ( a road trip is just not a road trip with out one of these babies,, yummo and with extra drizzle....

We called in here and grabbed some lunch and went and had a picnic in the park with our son on his lunch break from work,,, Can tell I don't get off the farm much lol I was ever so excited for kfc,,
Then it was onto our daughters, as our beautiful granddaughter was having a birthday...they grow up so fast....
                                   eldest daughter and son in law,     2 princess granddaughters..
                                        beautiful daughter #2           and gorgeous son,
Happy Birthday to you,,,,,,,,, Princess A xxxx
Beautiful, beautiful princess...

We had a sleep over with the kids and then it was back to the cottage and back to reality...
Pip missed his kittens and was so trying to get them to play ball....
This is one of the many views we get while out doing our grocery run.... I so love the fact that the landscape out here is ever changing, and that most of the vegetables we buy are local produce and on top of that we have the opportunity to see it growing.....( other than the veg we have growing here in our own little cottage veg patch that is :-). Love supporting local.
I have been having so much fun with instagram, I love sharing things that excite me ( and it don't take much... loving life and the awesome sights around us)...
GO THE SIMPLE LIFE....OH YEA....
Oh and how good does this old cottage look in black and white,,, she was built for it.... Loving our shabby old girl right now...just like a big ol cosy cuddle.
Well my lovelies, that's my week in a nut shell...Hope to catch ya soon I will be back with some more random ramblings...
Until next adventure
Take care
Kris
XXX

2 comments:

  1. How many chickens have you got Kris?? I had six Rhode Island Reds a few years ago and once they got going we were getting anything from 6-12 eggs a day!! that's a lot of eggs...so much so I had to start giving them away....but the kids loved havng chickens.....looks like you had a great week and here's hoping a great weekend...xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, we have 4 chickens..wow thats a good many eggs, can not wait till they start laying...Hope your having a great week xxx

      Delete