background

Friday, May 25, 2012

A little road trip to Melbourne and back!!!

Howdy out there.... Well, Haven't I been slack.... so sorry,, I am back now. Had the best time traveling to Melbourne to visit family & am refreshed and ready to go..... Just a quick one tonight to keep you up with, what I have been up to :)

We started our trip with a 9 hour drive to my sisters in the Hunter Vally to drop off Pip to have a little holiday with his cousins Esek and Dolly....

 Then it was off on another 9 hour drive to Melbourne....this is my view as I sat back in the passenger seat as we went through Sydney..
 And then there was this glorious sunset...
 We got 3 hours out of Melbourne and hubby was getting sleepy and I am not the best at driving at night,,so we pulled into a motel.... first bed in 18 hours...it'll'do :)
 Up bright and sparkly and into Melbourne on Mothers day....Fell in love with this bunch of flowers on a road side stall,,, Happy mothers Day lovely Mother in law xxxx
 A perfect day was had catching up with my mother in law, sister in law and family....
at the end of the day I had my feet up with a piece of home made cake and my crochet..( spoilt ;).
 The next day it was a trip to the other side of Melbourne to catch up with Brother and sister in law and family.... another wonderful day.... Love catching up and getting lots of snuggles off our awesome nephews and nieces...
 This was on the side of the high way heading into Melbourne..the house in the sky, its wire and pretty cool and I have been told its spectacular of a night all lit up...
 Then on Wednesday I had an awesome day trip with my wonderful sister in law into Melbourne city... we trained it in and then went on the old trams....
 Walked lots and seen some wonderful sights...
 had lunch and coffee ,, and I marveled at how beautiful this city is... we got home tired and sore,, but Its a day I will never forget...Just beautiful....
 Saying our good byes to mum and sister and family.. we headed back over to he other side of Melbourne and brother and sister in laws..
We went out for a drive to the Mornington peninsula.... another beautiful area.... Bay side...
 We had lunch at the Bay side Hotel,, all warm and snuggly with a few open fires going.....
 We had a wonderful time in Melbourne and I am missing our family there already....
But it was time to leave,,, Get back to Avondale Cottage to our chickens and kittens...
On our way home we called into our friends in Sydney... lovely catch up... coffee and pastries where waiting,,,, Wendy knows me well hehe
 Jeff had this old fridge in the garage...( his man shed) ,,,I wanted it,, but he said no lol ... but at least I got photos....
Then it was a stop over for the night at my sisters in Newcastle.... Love popping in here,, her place is so cosy and yummy..... They chucked on a BBQ and my sisters and brother in law and nephews and nieces came.... it was wonderful to see them all oxoxoxo

 The next morning it was on the road again ,,to the Hunter valley and my other sister and rofs place to pick up Pip.....

And then the 9 hour drive home... back to Avondale Cottage...... We got home late that night... as soon as my eyes opened the next morning I was out in the yard and greeted to this beautiful sight.:)

 Pip had such a big day checking all the nooks and crannies of his cottage and yard ,,, he was snuggled into his bed and fast asleep early....
 Oh and Whoops... hehe came home to some little choko plants,, best be getting them planted, Hubby has a choko pickle recipe off my sister that he loves and wants to try to make himself ,,,
Well my lovelies.. thanks so much for popping in and Welcome to my new followers,,
I have been very busy in the creation station..will show ya that soon
                                                        Until next adventure
                                                               Take Care
                                                                  *Kris*

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an extremely busy time away and a wonderful one too...glad your home and looking forward to what's happening at avondale... :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew what a trip! Glad to see you had a wonderful time and there is nothing like catching up with family !! Great pics they really show the whole story!! Happy Sunday x

    ReplyDelete