background

Friday, May 11, 2012

A little white paint and some shabby goodness.

Hi, come on in. Just a quick one tonight xxx wont keep ya long ;-)

 ..I have been having some fun with cans of white spray paint. Just wanted to share.....

This is the little pile I started with... ( The fabric and draught stoppers will have to wait...show ya that next time)
An old frame with no glass
a little cane tray.....I love cane trays :)

This old candle holder has been hanging around for a while.... I thought it was time it got hit with the white paint..
and this little basket I picked up from the op shop the other day,, I thought it would look sweet on our picnics with the water bottles in it.....

I also came across an old silver cake stand,,, Its looking so sweet white...

After painting the frame white I staple on some old chicken wire, had seen this done, was always going to try it,,,and now I have I want one in every room... soo handy... the words just got a good spray and will be propped up here and there around the cottage...I love words ;-)

I am so happy with the rest of the bits and bobs I painted white...makes such a difference... Loving my new little tea tray...
in between coats of paint , I sewed up some little rose potpourri hearts...

And have them hanging around the cottage,, they smell lovely and look pretty sweet too ;-)
Ooh ooh,,, some excitement at Avondale.... Our very first Farm fresh egg....yep..so proud of our girls they have started laying.....
Other happenings around the cottage...Pip the cowboy just havin a chat.... ( sorry couldnt have a post without Pip ;-)
The cottage Kitchen has been in full swing,,, will be starting the old wood burner stove up soon I think....Its starting to get a little chilly out here....
Oh and I, as usual left the making of my mother in laws mothers day gift to the last minute.
I had no pattern, but she said she would like a bag big enough to pop her shopping in as well as her purse and keys... easier for the bus trip to the shop....
OK all cut out....

I made a little burnt edge rose to embellish it....I made this into a brooch so it can be removed and the bag can be washed in the machine....
 all done....OK I gotta choofff... I am off to pack.. we have an 18hour road trip to hand deliver a mothers day gift!
...I will be missing my children on mothers day, but we had a little get together earlier in the week...I got the coziest dressing gown and winter Jammie's...and while away we get to spend the week with Hubbies family...
Well my lovelies,,Hope you all have a beautiful mothers day and a wonderful weekend....
Live simply,,, to simply live xx xx
Until next Adventure
Take care
Kris
XXXX

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip Kris, it is a long way to go! I love the makeover with the white paint I am a big fan. My favourite is the little basket it turned out beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry its taken so long to get back to you Nellie, we had a great trip x. I love the little basket too...

      Delete
  2. Doesn't a can of white paint make a massive difference? It all looks great!
    Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, Yeah I am loving the white paint ;)...thank you , had a great time x

      Delete