background

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Avondale Cottage Pumpkin Soup Recipe

 Hello lovelies, fancy a little warming pumpkin soup recipe.. This one is a family favourite.. very quick and easy...


                               You don't need the marigolds in the recipe,, I just liked the picture hehe




 From the pantry=
 About      1/4 of a pumpkin cut into smallish bits                  2 tablespoons of vegetable stock powder
                  1 onion diced                                                         1 tablespoon of All Purpose Seasoning
                   garlic crushed ( whatever amount you like)         1 1/2 cups water
                   1/2 teaspoon of curry powder                               1 cup of milk
                    60g of butter
On the stove
In a large saucepan, melt butter, add onion, garlic, curry powder and all purpose seasoning and fry until well mixed and a little browned.. add chopped pumpkin and fry until pumpkin is covered with seasoning.
cover with 1/2 cup of the water and add stock powder, cover and simmer until pumpkin is soft..
when cooked place into blender ( or  I mash with a hand masher) add the remaining cup of water and 1 cup of milk, return to heat and simmer until hot,, do not boil,,,
Serve with fresh crusty bread ;)

Enjoy xx
                                                OK my sweets, thanks ever so much for popping in..

                                                                      Until next Adventure
                                                                              Take Care
                                                                                 *Kris*
                                                                                 XXXX

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kris.....oh how I love pumpkin soup with crusty bread and I really must make some myself.....I know Chris is looking forward to another Potato and Leek soup but I'm thinking pumpkin is in order for tonight as it's soooo cold here......take care and am so glad you're back blogging....I miss your posts.....xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, pumpkin soup is so yummy, one of my favourites. I love your old stove xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Kris :) Sounds fantastic, I love pumpkin soup! That's a damn good photo you've taken in the kitchen there too. Stylin!
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE pumpkin soup. Thanks for the recipe. The kids planted pumpkins this summer so I will save it for Fall! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete