background

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Rose petal Jam,,Jam drop cookies

 Howdy y'all.... Hope all is well in your world :)
 I have been cozying up in the cottage kitchen and doing a little baking,,,,
As you may or may not know, "I Love Roses"... These ones are from our cottage garden,,they smell divine....
It got me to thinking about cooking with roses, I have rose petal jam and rose water ( you can find these at retailers of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Food. )
We do love a jam drop or two in this shabby little cottage,,soo,,,,
 Lets mix it up and have some Rose petal jam drop cookies shall we.....

Jam Drop Cookies with Rose Petal Jam

*125g Butter                                                             *1 egg
*100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar                                     *190g ( 1 1/4 cups) Self raising flour
*2 tsp Rose water (or 1tsp of vanilla essence)         *Rose petal Jam (or any jam)

*Preheat oven 180c,, line 2 baking trays
* using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar and rose water until pale and creamy, add the egg and beat until combined.
*Sift flour over the butter mixture and stir with wooded spoon until combined.
* roll balls from tea spoon, place on try about 5cm apart, make an indent with finger in middle of ball and spoon in jam.
* Bake in pre heated oven for 15 minutes or until the biscuits are cooked through and a light golden brown..... Enjoy..
I find it better to use the electric beater in the first stage with the butter, sugar and rose water,
 the next stage I fold the flour in, as to much stirring and beating makes the cookies a little tough...
 I only have Pizza trays, so any flat baking tray will do ;)
 Pop into a nice hot oven...
 I am using our electric oven at the moment , but when I get game enough and work out the temp on this old girl I will be giving it a good work out ;)
 OK a blooper.... as the rose petal jam is a little more liquefied than regular jam maybe I shouldn't have used as much,, ( they still taste good and got gobbled up very quickly, I will know better next time ;))
 ooh I like to cool them completely before I take them off the baking tray,, they seem to go a little crispy if I transfer them straight onto a cooling rack..
Once cooled ( if they last that long ) pop into an air tight container...

 Enjoy with a nice hot cup of tea,,, coffee,, or hot chocolate... believe me, they are great with all of them ;)
 I am still so hooked on crochet, I have been using up my wool by doing a granny stripe blanket,, one stripe, one colour. Its just another knee rug
one can never have to many knee rugs,,, right :)
That's it from me today,, I'm off to give a bit of TLC to a little shabby old farm kitchen table,, will be sharing that soon.
Until next adventure
Take care
Kris
XXXX

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kris...I will have to try making these bikkies myself....they look delish...I love making my choc chip bikkies too...and you're right you can never have enough knee rugs....xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Auntie that lived next door used to make those jam drop cookies. I think she called them thumbprint cookies. They look very good! Can't wait to see what you do with your old farm table. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete