background

Monday, November 5, 2012

A little shabby shelf make over.

Hello, hope all is well in your world...

We had a little white paint and scrolly bits love in the cottage over the weekend....
When we moved into this shabby old cottage, our furniture was sparse to say the least,
 (traveling on our motor home over the last four years we had no need for furniture...)

Then we found this perfect little cottage to pull up and stay a while,,
Over the months we have scored some lovely bits and bobs from markets, garage sales and eBay...
But these little brown shelves were already up in the cottage, so I have been utilizing them as is ..up until now :))
I had been debating whether to pull them down and leave it at that,, but I loved having the photos of our kids happy faces to look at each day and also the way the little tea light candles gave a sweet soft glow of a night. There was no room for another book shelf to show these off....so the shelves had to stay...
Thinking cap on...how do I pretty them up.....
I had redone the kitchen shelves in our Reno home with these scrolly shelf brackets and thought they would make a lovely touch to this shabby old girl..... so it was a trip to bunnings , at just over $3 a bracket they fitted into my budget perfectly......
Hubby got his router out and flicked it over the edges of the shelves and then a quick spray of white paint had them looking like new....
and ta..DA....
I am loving the way they brighten up our shabby little lounge room ,, Now we just need to fill in some holes and give the room a slap n tickle of paint to freshen her up....
Ooh and how sweet is this wall decal, to see where I bought this one ( and lots more I have my eye on ;)  have a squiz over on face book at Two Little Giggles the decals are removable and reusable , great for rentals... I love mine and think it adds a lovely touch of whimsy to this old cottage....Its so worth a look x
OK I'm signing off..over n out for now....I've got some more white painting and shape shifting to dream up ...
Until next adventure
Take care
xx Kris xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kris the white paint definitely freshens up the shelves as do the scroll brackets...I love the wall decal too....I only wish we were allowed to do all those sorts of things here but or owners are very anal about what they'll let be done......looking forward to seeing the rest of your fix ups xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle,
      I have just revised the blog , I forgot to mention these decals are removeable and reusable so would be perfect for a rental,,have a look over at Two Little Giggles face book page,,, some sweet sweet ones for the girls Ooh and bubs room :)..
      Kris xx

      Delete