background

Monday, February 4, 2013

Dining room make over in our shabby old cottage.


From my little corner of the world to yours ;)
Hope your weekend has been bright and sparkly or warm and comfy :).....
I had a great, busy little weekend. A slapping of white paint here and a little fluffing there...
The dining room was getting a little on my dark side...

When we first arrived at Avondale cottage we had no furniture,Time to do some shopping
 The little side hutch was a $20 garage sale find, the black chairs from an op shop $5 each, we have 6,, and we found the table out in the shed.....
 I do love the mix matched cottage feel,,, But,,, this was to mix matched for me to leave it any longer.
It felt dingy and dull.....
I love all my little treasures , but they seemed to be getting lost in the dark....

I found this cup stand at the op shop for 50c , it was bright yellow and a bit wobbly... a little straightening and a spritz of white spray paint :) looking Oh so sweet now don't ya think....
 
We inherited this old hutch from the previous tenant. :)
She is a sturdy old girl and just needed a little tlc .....
So a good scrub and a light sanding,,, then out came the white paint and off I went :)
first coat on..
 
I am not sure what my style is now, could call it shabby chic, or elegantly shabby cottage or even vintage chic???,,,,Whatever it is I have always been a fan of white furniture, I love how you can mix old with new pieces and somehow they fit together ,,, I love how I can change the whole look of a room by bringing in different accent colours, could even go coastal cottage by bringing in a few shells, drift wood and palm tree's  (when we lived on the Gold Coast my sons room was a beach hut ;) His surf board on the wall, white cane and timber furniture with sandy colour walls and blue accents on his bed linen ....

Anyways back to Avondale cottage dining room.....
All done and looking bright and sparkly, lifting my mood......
A change is as good as a holiday don't they say ;)

The old girl looking oh so sweet in her new white coat.
Its not the biggest, or best make over... but for me its made the world of difference.
Thanks for stopping by
Until next adventure
Take care
Kris
xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sis,
    How are you guys going,
    Love your new look dining room,cant wait to come and have one of your wonderful home cooked meals,or hi tea with you,,will be there in about three weeks yay,
    Im still a bit nerves about the flight ,but cant wait to see you xox .
    love Mammie

    ReplyDelete